Search the forum,

Discuss Shower screen/enclosure for bath with no wall either end in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

Might be putting in a bath soon that does not have a wall either end, only a wall along one side. Is there some sort of screen/enclosure for this layout? The customer wants a shower mounted to the wall which is no problem but I'm struggling to find a screen.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks

Hi guys

Might be putting in a bath soon that does not have a wall either end, only a wall along one side. Is there some sort of screen/enclosure for this layout? The customer wants a shower mounted to the wall which is no problem but I'm struggling to find a screen.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks

shower curtain/rail

Croydex C-Shaped Shower Curtain Rail & Support Chrome Effect 2000mm | Shower Curtain Rails | NoLinkingToThis

i might add most rails are cack quality even at over 100 quid

Last edited:
Hi army is there no way you could put up a 3"x2" frame the width of the bath as like a feature wall that could be tiled or wetwalled as if puting shower in it would have to go at one end for water splashes

Army are you saying that the only wall is along the long side of the bath and no walls at either end?

The thread i put below shows the framed wall as a feature

shower curtain/rail

Croydex C-Shaped Shower Curtain Rail & Support Chrome Effect 2000mm | Shower Curtain Rails | NoLinkingToThis

i might add most rails are cack quality even at over 100 quid

Thanks Killy that is the type of thing I have already suggested but they were not too keen. It's possible I may be able to persuade them to have the bath in the corner but will have to wait and see, might be a bit tight with the shape of the room and where the door opens.

Army are you saying that the only wall is along the long side of the bath and no walls at either end?

That's correct yes. I have seen baths this position before but just had a curtain up. I like the idea of wall being put up but not sure it's something I'd be able to do.

That's correct yes. I have seen baths this position before but just had a curtain up. I like the idea of wall being put up but not sure it's something I'd be able to do.

Its a nicer idea to have a stud wall the end, the shower can me mounted to it meaning the pipes run up the inside of the stud

As long as you own a hamer a level and a bag of 8" serated nails youl be fine, Oh and a few tubes of sticks like sh*t,,,,, but on a serious note its just 3 x 2 with a sheet of plasterboard either side and this will then allow you to put the shower in the wall,,, or get a joiner in to help out army ,,

As long as you own a hamer a level and a bag of 8" serated nails youl be fine, Oh and a few tubes of sticks like sh*t,,,,, but on a serious note its just 3 x 2 with a sheet of plasterboard either side and this will then allow you to put the shower in the wall,,, or get a joiner in to help out army ,,

I get you now, excellent idea. If I can't get the bath in the only corner available that's what i'm going to push for. It's something I'd enjoy doing too!.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower screen/enclosure for bath with no wall either end in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock