Discuss Shower pump under bath? Is this legal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I think if i remember correctly, the last time i heard, you were not allowed to install anything electrical under the bath.

Is this right or wrong?

I know lots of people do install them under the bath. And, i cannot seem to find the answer on the net.

Thanks for the help guys

it's not illegal just not recommended and certainly against manufacturers fitting instructions and invalidate guarantee as they need air flow around them for cooling

I have seen it done,even if its abit noisy, you can fit jacuzzi pumps so i don't see why not.

Yep no problem putting a pump under the bath. Salamander pumps are rated for splash proof IPX2.

Most pumps can't be sited there due over heating as no ventilation

Jacuzzi pumps, as mentioned, are made for the job

It's not illegal bit wave good bye to a warranty ad hello to a short life span as it will over heat

Most pumps can't be sited there due over heating as no ventilation

Jacuzzi pumps, as mentioned, are made for the job

It's not illegal bit wave good bye to a warranty ad hello to a short life span as it will over heat

Cheers guys. A bit of a touchy subject i see. Well, i will see if i ever have to put one under a bath

from what i can remember from the electrical regs if the bath panel is removable by hand (without tools) then you can not install anything electrical under a bath, if the panel is fixed and can only be removed with tools then you can fit electrical items. best to make sure it has correct ip ratings for water ingress.

if MI state its not allowed then that a different matter.

Check the electrical regs as has been said. I dont think you can put one under a bath, but I may be wrong.

Its certainly alot cooler and better ventilated under a bath than a stuffy cylinder cupboard and covered with bed linen/clothes/spare duvet.

from what i can remember from the electrical regs if the bath panel is removable by hand (without tools) then you can not install anything electrical under a bath, if the panel is fixed and can only be removed with tools then you can fit electrical items. best to make sure it has correct ip ratings for water ingress.

Nearly. If you can remove the panel without tools then it counts as zone 1. If you need tools then it's not zoned - ie there are no electrical restrictions on what equipment can be under there. And as Gary said I'm willing to bet it's a lot cooler than an airing cupboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump under bath? Is this legal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock