Discuss Shower Pump - tank fed hot - mains fed cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumb-pro

Hi,

I hope this lot makes sense, A customer of mine has two bathrooms next to each other. I need to fit a shower pump 2.0 bar to supply two showers one in each bathroom. The issue is that the first shower is a tray only( no bath) in bathroom 1 and is a standard Mira mixer unit with hot and cold tank feeds to it, however the second shower is above the bath in bathroom 2 and is off a bath filler / mixer. There is a single hot feed that does all 4 hot draw offs in both bathrooms, but the cold for the bath and 2 basins are off the mains, there is no way of altering the pipe work without major work and disruption.
I would like to know if i fit a pressure reducing valve to the mains and set it to the pump output would the bath filler and basin mono mixer in bathroom 2 work ok, bathroom 1 has a two hole basin so ok with that and the shower..

Anyone have any advice or experience with this

Thanks in advance

James

what are specs for that Mira tap? Is it suitable for high pressure? you could connect to mains as well and use single impeller pump to boost hot water only. but would have to sort balancing issue, probably using prv's. is it working ok now?

I have looked at a couple of these after the event. It sounds like you might end up with pumped hot at all outlets including the sinks. This usually proves to be a pain and the duty cycles can play havoc with the pump. If you do go ahead get the quietest pump you can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Pump - tank fed hot - mains fed cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock