Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shower bar to replace shower valve - fittings concern. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed several shower valves and shower bars in the past but now require to replace an existing shower valve with a shower bar. Usually the shower bar is sold with a pair of ¾ inch to ½ inch ‘S-connectors’ which would allow the new shower bar to attach to the shower valve’s fittings. The problem here is that these connectors are around 60mm long so could bring the bar too far out from the wall.

Could anyone suggest an alternative shorter connector that would do the job? Thanks in advance for any help provided. :smile:

get a shower fixing kit from screwfix, bring your pipe hot left and cold on the right 150 centres tile or whatever then fit fixing kit then fit valve, best way!

Are you trying to mount on the old half inch nuts from the prev shower? Not the best idea

Thanks for the replies.

get a shower fixing kit from screwfix, bring your pipe hot left and cold on the right 150 centres tile or whatever then fit fixing kit then fit valve, best way!
I am not installing a new shower bar from scratch, I merely wish to remove the exisiting shower valve from the wall and then connect the replacement shower bar to the existing fittings. There is no need to get behind the tiles to access the pipework.

Are you trying to mount on the old half inch nuts from the prev shower? Not the best idea
Yes, I would be. Is this a problem?

Only in that you will struggle to make it look right. Your new valve terminates on a pair of nuts and the stubs coming out of the wall are nuts also. You might get away with a pair of chrome compression sockets if you dont mind it sticking out a bit but you won't do much with the shrouds and you will have to make it water tight to the wall I guess.

Only in that you will struggle to make it look right. Your new valve terminates on a pair of nuts and the stubs coming out of the wall are nuts also. You might get away with a pair of chrome compression sockets if you dont mind it sticking out a bit but you won't do much with the shrouds and you will have to make it water tight to the wall I guess.
Thanks, Terry. In the light of my original concerns and the points that you have made I have managed to persuade the customer to exchange the bar for a valve, thus negating said problems.

Appreciate your comments. :wink5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower bar to replace shower valve - fittings concern. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
We are in a new build (2 years) and the bar shower value on-off bit is jammed. I want to replace it myself as can't afford a plumber. The old one...
Replies
Views
J
I have an existing shower which I've removed and exposed the two pipes from the wall. If I was taking a guess they're around 2cm ish in diameter...
Replies
Views
JamiePattison
J
J
Recently moved into a house and have been told that a shower needs replacing as it has water coming out of the fittings when on and is...
Replies
Views
Jane M
J
I have a Neo-Angle shower tray, … imagine an oblong with corner cut at 45 degree It’s 1.2m x 0.9m The ‘Roman’ shower door has failed, the only...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock