Discuss Sealant application course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Does anyone know of a course on sealant application. Not interested in a nvq just want to tidy up my silicone work as its far from the best lol

Fugi kit is what most on here seem to like personally I use a unibond applicator with a soap mix in a spray bottle heavy on the washing up liquid.

Works for me

Fugi kit or wet finger. If you want to be really precise use masking tape.

I got a fugi thing and it's still pony lol i do tape but it's still not what I want to leave behind

Get a spray bottle plenty of fairy liquid in it once you've applied the silicone before you play with it spray the area with the liquid it'll mold better and makes it easy to clear off the bath and tiles. It'll take longer to cure

Here's mine from home with this method

image.jpg

Get one of those wee silicone tool mould kits. They are brilliant and it is possible to shape the silicone while also removing all the excess in a couple of goes.
Try to learn on a very short length of joint - like top edge of a basin.
If you choose the prefered corner of the tool, just get the angle you hold it against the wall & basin/bath etc right & keep it tight as you drag the silicone off. Even works where you have dips in tiles or joints. I find it easy now using the moulds

Steady hand, credit type card cut to your liking, wet finger and wonder wipes to clean any excess.

If your sealing on a flat surface like wetwall then the fungi kits make a perfect seal , so does the wet finger but in my opinion in really makes a difference on the type of silicone u use. Some of the cheaper brands are so thin that it's hard to get a neat seal .. I use Dow corning 785 or everbuild or similar and get pritty good seals. Practice makes perfect .
Not heard of a silicone course b4 lol
You see guys on YouTube using masking tape .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sealant application course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock