Discuss Sciencey odd question just occured in my daily musings... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
now they reckon that nothing is in actual fact a solid, it is just made up of densely packed atoms which makes it seem like it is a solid but in actual fact things can pass through it like other atoms.

Most scientific "Facts" are not actual facts, they are theories, as we evolve we learn more and previous "facts" no longer become facts as they have been proven wrong. Most theories contradict each other aswell so they can not all be laws of physics.

Last edited:
View attachment 3464

This is a sketch of the hydraulic gradient rig as I remember it! The difference in head seen at each vertical is caused by the friction loss due to flow in the pipe. This rig demonstrates it in a really practical way .. of course there are many formulae and methods to calculate theoretical friction losses in pipework systems but seeing is believing!!

interesting stuff, so if the istern was 10m high ie 1bar pressure, regardless of the length of pipe water would come out, just that te pressure will be minmal once the friction losses have decreased with the reduction in velocity?

so at some point the final pipe would show same pressure

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sciencey odd question just occured in my daily musings... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back