Discuss SCan't budge stuck radiator valve pin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have taken the removable part from the valve exposing the pin which is stuck in the down position. I have tried all the methods I have read up on and seen on youtube, pulling with pliers tapping with spoon, hammering sideaqys and vertically with hammer. Nothing. The pin head is conically tapered from wide at the bottom to narrower at the top so pliers just slide straight

spray some wd40 down into the pin

push down and twist and lift,

if it comes up / free's up, move it up and down a few times

be very careful you dont snap or remove the pin totally

if it still doesnt move new trv time

Some of the seized pins need several minutes of heavy thumps with a hammer before they free up.
But when the pin seizes it means the valve seal is leaking slightly and better a new TRV installed now, rather than wasting time repeatedly having to free it. Any other valves of same vintage might be best replaced at same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SCan't budge stuck radiator valve pin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have UFH set up with a HIU in my flat. My issue is that one zone (Bedroom 2) does not heat up. All other zones working and heating as...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have a radiator in the hallway which has never worked. When I bled the radiators few days ago I checked the hallway one, and it appears to...
Replies
Views
Replacing bathroom towel radiator, while I‘m at it was going to change the valves for new ones, however this bottom nut is completely stuck…. Any...
Replies
Views
L
So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock