Search the forum,

Discuss Is this Radiator Valve Adjustable? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, have a radiator in the hallway which has never worked. When I bled the radiators few days ago I checked the hallway one, and it appears to have pressure.
The valve on the right of the radiator is fully open, now the valve on the left I am confused about. It is the type with a small plastic cap on top, and is the only valve of this type in the house. I am unsure whether its an adjustable valve at all. I have tried to open it with pliersin the past but have inadvertedly damaged one of the two top pins holding the plastic cap's screw.
Does anyone know whether this valve is just always fully open, or whether it is adjustable? In which case it could be stuck closed and hence the radiator not working.

Attachments

• IMG_2077.jpg
    IMG_2077.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2075.jpg
    IMG_2075.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6
Tbh wants replacing now

Also looks shut

Yes it’s adjustable in regards to balancing etc

Chances are it won’t move as it’s probably seized

Reply to Is this Radiator Valve Adjustable? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock