Discuss Saniflo pump operation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigger25

Can anyone tell me how the basic Saniflo macerator works.

Should the motor run continuously until the unit is emptied?

My one pumps for approx. a few seconds stops and repeats once or twice more. My previous unit pumped until empty.

Thanks
Trigger

As far as I know they have a float switch....they'll pump until the level drops.

If its stop start, it could indicate an issue. I don't know this for a fact though as I'm no macerator expert. If they're broke, I tend to replace them not repair them. I have fixed one though that had a broken printed circuit board.

It's quite a new unit so it shouldn't be faulty. It's just operating differently to the old one. I'd hoped someone knew if they pumped in bursts.

whats running into it? it maybe a toilet overflowing or a tap dripping into it.
it should operate and then stop. if its new and nothing is leaking it is probably the non return valve thats at fault.
get someone to have a look at it.

if its fairly new it should be under warranty if it was registerd

whats running into it? it maybe a toilet overflowing or a tap dripping into it.
it should operate and then stop. if its new and nothing is leaking it is probably the non return valve thats at fault.
get someone to have a look at it.

It only has a toilet running into it. The 22mm flexible pipe connects to 22mm plastic pipe and that connects to possibly 50mm pipe to downstairs. The only thing is the pipework has a 90 degree bend and was wondering if that was causing some restriction.

i don't know if it was registered but it was only fitted this year.

There is no blockages as a sink, shower and bidet all drain away fast.

the 90 degree bend will not help as only 45 degree overflow fittings should be used.
can it be changed to two 45's?
can you not get the fitter back out.
he could then check if there is a problem with the unit, if so the warranty will cover it.

the 90 degree bend will not help as only 45 degree overflow fittings should be used.
can it be changed to two 45's?
can you not get the fitter back out.
he could then check if there is a problem with the unit, if so the warranty will cover it.

I fitted the unit as it was a direct replacement for a X2 unit. That unit worked for over 23 years. If you think the pipework is the problem I'll have to get a plumber in and see if that makes a difference.

I've just registered the unit with Saniflo, I don't know if it will affect the guarantee as I had to put the fitter down as myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
without having a look it may be, and is worth ruling out.

messy work though, you may find that a lot of plumbers say they are too busy

without having a look it may be, and is worth ruling out.

messy work though, you may find that a lot of plumbers say they are too busy

Here's a picture, the right hand waste pipe is from the sink. Both connect under the floor. The 22mm pipe is a push fit into the pipework under the floorboards so I suppose I could pull it out and clean it up for anyone who comes to have a look.

saniflo.jpg

You haven't fitted the non return valve on outlet.

[DLMURL="http://www.saniflo.co.uk/pdf/install/SANIBEST.pdf"]http://www.saniflo.co.uk/pdf/install/SANIBEST.pdf

l[/DLMURL]ast page part 21b

[DLMURL="http://www.saniflo.co.uk/pdf/install/SANIBEST.pdf"]http://www.saniflo.co.uk/pdf/install/SANIBEST.pdf

l[/DLMURL]ast page part 21b

I see what you mean, now the question is can I easily remove the discharge elbow. I can't remember pushing that piece into the saniflo unit when I installed it.

it should just pull out, it has a cam lock system holding the non return valve in,
it the valve is there, check its not blocked with debris etc

it should just pull out, it has a cam lock system holding the non return valve in,
it the valve is there, check its not blocked with debris etc

I've done that and the valve is in and not blocked with debris. I'll get someone to modify the pipework to remove the 90 degree bend and see how it goes after that.

Thanks for you help.

Trigger

I've done that and the valve is in and not blocked with debris. I'll get someone to modify the pipework to remove the 90 degree bend and see how it goes after that.

Thanks for you help.

Trigger

if your going to do that, i would just cut it in to the 1 1/4 to the right of pic

but if you want to keep it on the 3/4. fit the AAV as per manufacturers instructions, will help it perform better

if your going to do that, i would just cut it in to the 1 1/4 to the right of pic

but if you want to keep it on the 3/4. fit the AAV as per manufacturers instructions, will help it perform better

The 3/4 pipe is a push fit into the pipework below the floor boards so would leave a hole if it were to be cut into the 1 1/4 sink waste. If memory serves me I think it enters that pipe below the floor and could be a T joint.

Would the AAV stop the water in the sink U bend trap from blowing back into to sink when the saniflo pumps? This is the main problem I'm trying to remedy.

Thanks

The 3/4 pipe is a push fit into the pipework below the floor boards so would leave a hole if it were to be cut into the 1 1/4 sink waste. If memory serves me I think it enters that pipe below the floor and could be a T joint.

Would the AAV stop the water in the sink U bend trap from blowing back into to sink when the saniflo pumps? This is the main problem I'm trying to remedy.

Thanks

no that wouldnt stop that

youll need a HEPVo valve for that

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/hepv0-self-sealing-waste-305-1788

remember if your cutting this in to the pipe work, you will need the adapter

no that wouldnt stop that

youll need a HEPVo valve for that

HepV0 Self Sealing Waste Valve - Hepworth available at Plumbworld
remember if your cutting this in to the pipe work, you will need the adapter

That looks good. I take it that it fits into the pipework below the sink trap? It also states that an AAV is not needed.

My saniflo is upstairs an there is about an 8 ft drop. The fitting instructions, which I've just downloaded, say fit an AAV if the discharge pipework runs to a level considerably lower than the unit, the resultant siphoning effect can suck out the water seal in the unit.

Would it be best to fit both the AAV and HEPVo valve along with the 45 degree bends?

Thanks

Trigger

agree about aav
45 bends will deffo help
hepvo is a must, i will cut into pipes anywhere that is practical, make sure you buy the correct size for your pipe 11/4 or 11/2

agree about aav
45 bends will deffo help
hepvo is a must, i will cut into pipes anywhere that is practical, make sure you buy the correct size for your pipe 11/4 or 11/2

One last question, where do I get the AAV as I can't seem to find a 3/4in one?

i ment, i agree about not bothering to fit one,
will prob cause you more trouble than its worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo pump operation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock