Currently reading:
Salus Wireless Room Stat

Discuss Salus Wireless Room Stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob jefkins

Can anyone give me some advice please about wiring in the receiver box for a salus wireless room stat?
I'm wiring in to a Fagor boiler which states that it has to be a Volt free connection. Therefore do I just wire in L and N from the reciever to the boiler connection? Or do I also have to supply power to the receiver box? I'm assuming that power will be provided via the boiler to the reciever box.
Any advice appreciated
rob

As said
L/N are 240v and power receiver
remove red wire link
then fit boiler in /out to SL on and L connection (next to SL on) on receiver

Last edited by a moderator:
OK guys. Got that. Can I supply the reciever from the existing fused spur supplying the boiler then? i.e connect to the already L and N going from the spur?
Then I have No, Com and Nc at the reciever. What do L and N go to at these points from the boiler?
Thanks guys. I'm a bit naive when it comes to wiring !!!! First time I've done this see.
Rob

best advice for a salus-change it for a honeywell or better quality stat salus are crap mate had loads go faulty just cheap tat not up to the job

Don't really help mate. Bought one. Got to fit one. Anyone else????

Just need to know where to stick the L and N from the boiler

Don't really help mate. Bought one. Got to fit one. Anyone else????

Just need to know where to stick the L and N from the boiler

bring L and N from spare link to boiler and receiver

then link out of boiler from junction point for thermostat and connect to COM and NO on receiver

Don't understand mate. I've got L and N at bottom of receiver. And I've got NC, COM and NO at top of receiver. Do I wire up L and N from receiver to spur? Then what cables frm boiler to receiver? Got L, N and earth to play with.
Cheers

Don't understand mate. I've got L and N at bottom of receiver. And I've got NC, COM and NO at top of receiver. Do I wire up L and N from receiver to spur? Then what cables frm boiler to receiver? Got L, N and earth to play with.
Cheers

I do not know wiring from fagor boiler,when you say you have L/N/E to play with ,pursume boiler comes with lead on that just plugs into spare and linked to L/N in receiver
You are going to have to go into boiler pcb or terminal to get loop for com and NO in receiver
connection will be in installation manual,basically terminals com and NO are the same as if you were connecting to a normal room thermostat

1. Remove link on Salus
2. Connect the L and N pair of terminals of the Salus to a permanent 230v Supply.
3. Connect the COM (top centre) and NO (top right) terminals to the boiler's room thermostat terminals; it does not matter which way round.

Cheers mate. It's easy when you know how !!!
Take it I can wire into the fused spur powering the boiler??? i.e. same L and N terminals?? Also do I need to wire earth to the spur as there is not one back at the receiver box??
Thanks again

get a copy of instructions for your boiler.
wire the reciever directly from boiler
there should be a link in your boiler which u remove
which will give u a switched live out- this goes to live on receiver
take N straight of boiler
then connect the NO back to boiler terminal where link went.
Presto

I loved reading this thread, I'd hate to be the new owner of a system where it was wired by consensus . Guys call in a sparky, I do, its cheaper than paying for fried pcb cos you just dont understand wiring, and the bonus is my sparky hands me all his boiler and heating work he gets to hear about.

ps of course the receiver needs 240volts, how else does it work?

get a copy of instructions for your boiler.
I think you should get one as well.:rolleyes: It might stop you giving incorrect advice.

wire the reciever directly from boiler there should be a link in your boiler which u remove which will give u a switched live out- this goes to live on receiver
If you had read the OPs original post carefully (or referred to the manual you don't have) you would have seen that the boiler has volt free connections. There is no such think as a switched live. The receiver must be fed from a permanent live, either from the boiler or from the spur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salus Wireless Room Stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock