Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Salamander pump problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nosewalker381

Hi There, I'm new to this forum but had a nose and it looked like a very friendly and helpful place. I must be honest I know practically nothing about plumbing but a couple of years ago had a new bathroom fitted with a salamander pump to boost the shower. I found a pictrure of it online

ESP-100-CPV_w.jpg

I have just started having a couple of problems with it, lately it starts up all on its own once every few hours but just for about 5 seconds, just like you have turned the shower on but of course no one has (unless we are haunted!)

Then today it has started to leak water, its only a steady drip and its coming out of what looks like a screw head? on the picture it is just below the red cap on the top, a small cross head will fit in it and I tried to tighen it but it is already tight, when i loosened it more the dripping seemed to pick up speed.

Sorry if I sound ignorant, its basically cos I am! but am very willing to learn and try things before I call the plumber, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Tom

The pressure vessel is probably losing a bit of pressure in the water pipes to cause it to start every few hours. Do any of your shower heads drip?

The other problem is probably a seal. You can buy replacement seal kits for this model but unless you are the practical type I would recommend you get a skilled person to fit them.

ok thanks very much, I will get someone to look at the seal. To fix the phantom turning on problem we used to just switch the pump off at the wall switch when we were not having a shower, is it ok to do this?

Thanks Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salamander pump problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
T
plumber purchased and installed a salamander shower pump, pump has stopped working after being used for just less than 6 months. Plumber has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains) The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock