Search the forum,

Discuss S53 on eco tec plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all. I am having trouble with the boiler. The boiler works absolutely fine in central heating mode but in hot water it ramps up to temp and either goes to low burn or cuts out. Shows s53 which is temp difference across flow and return too high.

The plate is fine and the diverter valve? Any thoughts?

Thanks all

Hi.

No need as the return doesn't even get hot in hot water mode. It is in for 5 seconds and ramps up to 70 and drops straight back down to low burn.

In heating mode it is normal.

Hi.

No need as the return doesn't even get hot in hot water mode. It is in for 5 seconds and ramps up to 70 and drops straight back down to low burn.

In heating mode it is normal.

Check pump, especially if it’s the old Wilo type. Are both flow and return fully open underneath?

Hi. Yes both valves open underneath. It works absolutely fine with heating. Pump good resistance on impeller when stalled with screwdriver.

Does it have any of those black rubber hoses found on Ecotec pro’s? If yes then could be a restriction in that, if no then possible blocked main heat ex.

Canoe filter broken and blocking something?

Well the canoe filter aas choked up and so was the rest of the whole boiler. Never seen anything like it. Disconnected all pipes and brushed through to clear crud. The only thing that wasn't choked was the plate. Wacked some cleaner in there now for a few days then will flush and add a filter.

Cheers

Reply to S53 on eco tec plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock