Discuss Rough Estimate - fixing a leaking shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure the ceramic tiles are cleaned properly once the screen has been removed and before it is put back, as body fats and limescale deposits at this juncture will not help the silicone to adhere properly to either the ceramic tiles or the shower screen member.

Hello,

The quote has come back at £150 (Inclusive of VAT) which seems high. They have said this is the rate for half a days work, I would of expected half this price but I don't know if I am being unreasonable.

Thanks,

i would say its fair dont forget the vat is £30.00 so they are £120ish, labour 2 visits 1st to ascertain fault cost of silicon, i think you are being unreasonable.

Hello,

The quote has come back at £150 (Inclusive of VAT) which seems high. They have said this is the rate for half a days work, I would of expected half this price but I don't know if I am being unreasonable.

Thanks,

Very reasonable price IMO. As already pointed out, it's £120 before VAT. Good quality silicone, allow a tenner. Remove screen, scrape off old silicone, clean with solvent to remove soap residue, reattach screen and re-apply silicone. They're working for around £25 - £30 an hour.

Hello,

Thanks for quick responses. I have had a couple more quotes that have come in slightly higher so with your feedback and the other quotes I have booked in the work.

Thanks again,
Andrew.

Hello,

Thanks,

The national median rate for plumbing work per hour (inc VAT in the case of VAT registered businesses) is £40 per hour. That figure is based on a survey we carried out earlier this year of over 1000 plumbing businesses.

Assuming half a day = 4 hrs, that would be £160 excluding materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rough Estimate - fixing a leaking shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back