Discuss Rough Estimate - fixing a leaking shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hoyle23

Hello,

I have been advised that my shower is leaking where it joins to the wall. To fix this I have been advised that the shower screen needs removing and then sealing back to the wall so no water can get through. For this they have estimated it would take 3-4 hours. I am looking to see if anyone would have a rough price for this and if this time sounds reasonable

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew.

welcome to the forums Andrew unfortunately we don't encourage prices in open forum because they vary widely depending where you are in the country. 3-4 hours sounds about right though. if you tell us how much they have quoted we can tell you if it a reasonable amount.

From what you're saying it seems to me that the silicone beading needs to be replaced but without seeing a picture of the actual problem it's difficult to know exactly what we're dealing with here. If indeed the shower enclosure does need to be taken out, cleaned up and refitted then I'd be asking for around £*Oops, edited*

Like I say though, a picture would help.

Last edited:
Prices vary nationwide so aren't discussed on this forum, by getting more than one estimate you'll have a better idea of what's reasonable or not.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick replies. I am waiting on the quote so I don't know of the price yet. I'll advise of the quote when I receive it, I live in Leeds for reference.

Thanks,

No Idea, waiting on some quotes but not sure of what region they will be in.

I live in the area and if done properly then would expect it to just touch the three figure mark plus vat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rough Estimate - fixing a leaking shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock