Discuss Riello 40 G2S replaced with a Riello RDB ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

husky

hi - i have a faulty Riello 40 G2S burner - i think it ran out of oil but after a refill it still wouln't fire - runs for about 20 sec then locks out.

oil is getting to the pump ok but not to the nozzle or are damper valve - i think it might be the pump solenod vaive not being activated by the control box?

however, i just found on gumtree that a company near me is offering a reconditioned/guaranteed Riello RDB for £80.

does anyone know if this will directly replace my old burner or offer any other advice regarding - cheers.

Have you taken off the nozzle to check if it's full of dirt? If you've run out a lot of crap from bottom of tank can get into both pump and nozzle. There's also a filter in pump that might need cleaned. It's no problem replacing it with RDB but I've found the G3 is less problematic

you would benefit fm an engineer looking before you cough for a burner that might not be working as well, so you know your airlock has cleared!

Rather than playing with something you obviously know nothing about get somebody in that does.

Oil is just as dangerous as gas.

Completely agree. It's a simple fix for a qualified and experienced person.

Regardless the new burner would need to be set up by an engineer, basicly recommission the the boiler !!!
If you dont have this done then bye bye new burner or boiler too...../family members life...

which is going to cost you more and the new ”reconditioned" burner will have been goosed and gotten going for a fool to buy.

Get it looked at and quit playing

Have you taken off the nozzle to check if it's full of dirt? If you've run out a lot of crap from bottom of tank can get into both pump and nozzle. There's also a filter in pump that might need cleaned. It's no problem replacing it with RDB but I've found the G3 is less problematic

cheers - already cleaned nozzle/filter but no debris found - also cleaned pump screen filter - again nothing - pump is rotating freely & plastic drive coupling is ok - disconnected nozzle output pipe at pump & run - no fuel.

however did find that the tank to inline filter unit inlet port really badly clogged - would have bet on that being the problem - no joy

cheers - already cleaned nozzle/filter but no debris found - also cleaned pump screen filter - again nothing - pump is rotating freely & plastic drive coupling is ok - disconnected nozzle output pipe at pump & run - no fuel.

however did find that the tank to inline filter unit inlet port really badly clogged - would have bet on that being the problem - no joy

Get someone in who knows what they're doing, you're barking up the wrong tree....

Get someone in who knows what they're doing, you're barking up the wrong tree....

look with all due respect, if you don't wish to past on any information technically relevant to my post then i would kindly request that you don't reply - anyway there seems to be too many sunday morning sore heads on this forum so good bye & thanks to the few that provided useful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello 40 G2S replaced with a Riello RDB ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all. I'm looking for advice to help my heating engineer fix my problem! He actually installed the unit. It’s a 3 year old oil boiler, a...
Replies
Views
Hi Bit of advice needed. I have a riello g2s burner 22 years old that had been noisy and then stopped working, motor not turning just buzzing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, calling on your wisdom do a slightly unusual scenario that someone may she light on, I’m sure it is one of the usual suspects..typical...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
Relatively new to servicing, but have come across a Riello RDB unit that will not disengage from the unit. I have unbolted the securing nut but...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock