Search the forum,

Discuss Riello RDB lockout in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, calling on your wisdom do a slightly unusual scenario that someone may she light on, I’m sure it is one of the usual suspects..typical timing when you live in the middle of nowhere up north where it was -11 last night and same tonight.

Boiler shut down yesterday morning, was in the phase of just permanently purging.

Replaced the photocell this morning, boiler then fired up and ran for round 3 minutes and just started to put heat to radiators then locked out. Since then just goes through the purge, solenoid click (has the 50v in white wire) 4 seconds then lock out.

Oil line bleeds perfectly under pressure on pressing the lockout reset so presume oil pump is fine from the brass hex valve and is clean, my next thoughts is replacing the capacitor as it’s a quick cheap fix and would explain it not firing, albeit strange how it did just fire once after the new photocell for a few mins.

I guess if not maybe the Nozzle requiring replacement. Anyone any thoughts on culprit,the cap would make sense, albeit why did it just start that nice after changing the photocell?

cheers in Advance for advice..I hate to be defeated by these things!

What was the combustion readings whilst it was running? And what was the actual oil pressure?

Hi, thanks for reply after persevering managed to solve the issue...the usual symptoms sending you one way and confusing the issue! The main culprit was the photocell, just a few hiccups afterwards...all sorted now. Cheers

Reply to Riello RDB lockout in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock