Discuss Rhino tubes Vs soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way, those trakrax carriers look mean. Do they come with locks, or do you need to buy pad locks to put them on yourself?

I wind down both front windows and carry 3 metre lenghts sideways, its funny how I never have any straight pipe?

I wind down both front windows and carry 3 metre lenghts sideways, its funny how I never have any straight pipe?
that reminds me of a clip on one of those police stop type shows with the bloke on a moped carrying planks of wood sideways lol

A friend recently learned a valuable (but embarrasing) lesson about soil pipe for a pipe tube....
Hit the barkes pretty hard, only to see the half the contents of the pipe tube shoot out through the cap on the front and scrape all down the bonnet of his 1 year old Caddy.... Made a lovely mess of the paint, and the ends of all the copper!

Lucky it missed the car in front, can imagine how much fun that would be to explain to the insurers :)

It would be interesting to see where you would stand legally if you had a soil pipe full of copper which unloaded itself over the car in the front. Personally Ive had a Rhino tube for a while now and not had any problems with it (apart from 1 lock needed changed which they replaced foc.)

The Trukrax ones dont come with locks but you just use your own padlock, I have the roofrack and tube, real good gear.

reminds me of a matress i took the tip, it stated to take off stretching my bungees!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once had to hang out the window to work the window wipers, oh the joys.

Once had to hang out the window to work the window wipers, oh the joys.

Yes!

That happen to me one Friday night, driving around and it was snowing and the wipers packed up, I had to pull one off and use it manually. Nightmare....

I once had to hold a surfboard on the roof going down the M5 to the next services! Felt like my arm was going to tear off!

Put a tube carrier on top of your van and you are effectively advertising it to every thief in the area. They are a really bad idea and even if they are empty they will draw attention to your van.

Keep your tubes inside the van.

Was giving this some thought. The problem I have with any kind of rod tube/pipe carrier is that once you take a length of pipe out of one and cut a bit off, if you put it back you are often struggling to reach it again. Wish someone would manufacture one that not only has a door at each end but would open along its entire length on hinges like a toolbox lid allowing storage and access to different sizes of lengths of pipe. Storage and easy access to decent offcuts along with 2 metre and 3 metre lengths of pipe would stop them rolling around the shelves of my van. I'm considering slitting a section of 6 inch pipe in half along its length with a grinder and fitting hinges to one side and a hasp to the other to try it out.

Why don't ya just make one register the design and sell it. You know what you want and what is needed I have done it twice first time very good second time not so good but there ya go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rhino tubes Vs soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock