Discuss Reverse flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaun11

Hi guys, what's the best and easiest way of sorting reverse flow? Don't really want to rip someone's house apart to trace back Pipework

Hi best,when the system is on hot water only the rads seem to get hot, iv replaced the mid position valve and is still happening, the rads come off of the ho****er circuit as the main heat source is a warm air unit, some how water is forcing its self around the rads to create a circuit in hot water mode

Hi Shaun.
So the heating circuit goes to a hot air unit and the hot water circuit does both the hot water and the radiators?

Sorry Shaun, I think I am misreading it.
You need to be careful there is not a loop caused by more than one tee off from the return pipe work. I assume that is the problem.

Ok mate, yeah the warm air unit has got a flow and return which is ment to do the hot water only but some one has rearranged the pipework to add rads to the system.

Single check valve
After you've made sure the rest of the hydraulics are OK.
We use them extensively on some of our high efficiency installations were fircexamplecin one house we have twenty rooms all on independent time and temperature settings and not a single traditional two port zone valve in sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reverse flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How it best to install pipework to best avoid airlocks with gravity hot water. Install level or slightly down hill in direction of flow? Thanks
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock