From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Replacing the type of plug in the Fittings & Pipes area at

Hello. Total novice here.

We have a pop-up thumb plug (think that's the name, following a Google search - photo attached). It was here when we moved in (I personally would have chosen a standard plug type, I find these pop up ones faffy).

My husband pulled this out today to declog the sink and he accidentally dropped this screw bit down the drain: Hansgrohe Replacement Screw for Plug (97522000): DIY & Tools -

We can't get it out because we have no idea how to get to the pipes underneath (photo attached).

We can buy the replacement screw. But I was wondering if there was a way of replacing this plug type with a normal chain plug, or to another type of pop up (photo attached)? I don't know if the metal circular bit (dunno the technical name, pic attached) is usually removeable from sinks.


Reply to Replacing the type of plug in the Fittings & Pipes area at Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares

New Posts Threads Members