Discuss Replacing Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never come across a lockshield with a scour, can you provide more info please?
They are very common, you can either have the scour piece at the very end of the valve or in the middle, they are very handy for draining

lockshield.jpg.............

Thanks scotty, I have used these but never heard the term "scour". Must be a Scottish thing.

What's a scour? Can't see pic clearly enough - is it a drain-off or a filter or something?

Lol! Steve is right it is a drain-off valve, is it just a scottish thing though???????

As i said they are excellent for making up the extra 40-50mm if you are a bit short and i also think it look's much better than an extension piece

i agree extension pieces don't really look professional although sometimes when you can't drain down and there are those awful telescopic things that leak you haven't really got a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
I have removed a radiator and wish to replace using existing pipework and valves. The old radiator itself was 1290mm in width with a total width...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a bungalow and I am refitting my kitchen/diner. The existing radiator needs to be moved to the other end of the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock