Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angelness

Hello,

I currently have a very old 25 old baxi boiler (gravity fed system), to date I have been able to get it covered under a maintenance contract but each year this becomes more difficult with regards to it's age. I am considering changing the boiler and would like some advice re the cheapest way to do this. In normal circumstances I would compare the prices of new combi/condensing boilers but the property is due to be demolished probably in about 3 years and so I want to keep my outlay to a minimum. I was considering a second hand boiler - any advice or other options anyone else could offer would be much appreciated.

No gsr worth their salt will ever fit a second hand boiler. It is completely illegal!

You'd be best off persevering with the maintenance contract or chancing your arm on a day to day basis if you're only looking 3 more years!

Minimum cost to supply and fit a boiler would be in the region of £1,500 to £3,000 depending on what is required.

find a decent gsr technician to service it rather than a maintenance contract fm bg or the like who only tell you its obsolete.yor boiler is a baby compared to ones i service, and all they need is a clean and new thermocouple most times.

Last edited by a moderator:
:stupid: As above, if the boiler is well serviced leave it be. Get a trustworthy GSR to service it. jD.

LP's having 3 days off, been up and down stairs all week, doing a warm air replacement with nice little ig combi and all new rads. Problem is the husband has alzhiemers (cant spell it) but his short term memory is around 4 minutes, so I spend my time introducing myself, explaing how the boiler will work and forever unlocking the front door, garage and backdoor to try gettting into the garage from the rear as he keeps locking everything. Even had to ring his missus inside when he locked me out in the rain when I went to my van for trvs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least today she took him out for 2 hours, they came back and i was under the hall floor in the crawl space looking for a couple of rad drops to link upto and the begger popped back the trap I had cut out and started to relay all the caret over it, till his missus stopped him, I decided Id go back tuesday, when he has a day at the care centre:) I cant do all this install lark, knees hurt, Id rather be sat on a stool pondering why the ideal is broken down for another muppet who's been conned by the previous installer:)

If it makes you feel any better my knees hurt like a pig to. And that feeling you get when your roll of solder is just out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Grateful for any advice regarding this problem. Flat about to be let and main heat exchanger in Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior has failed! I can replace with identical model (I think!) but would prefer to use GC2000iW C if possible. Question is, can the 2000 fit directly onto the 24i...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am the miserable owner of a Keston C36 boiler. It has had EVERYTHING on it replaced. My questions is, what do I replace it with and can it be done without replacing the entire flue. The dual flue is at least 10m long and has a couple of 45 degree turns in it. Am I going to need...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock