Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Re-using tap tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MATT-

Hey I have a basin to swap that is cracked. I will be reusing the tap. Can the pipe tails to the tap be re used?

no reason why not, unless they are damaged or split in some way

If its the tails that came with the tap then yes. As ray said if in good nick.

Depends on condition. For a few quid though is it not just worth swapping them out?

pulling them off the old basin can be enough to cause a split in old tails, for less than a tenner why risk thousands in water damage. Only mention it coz I have seen the result of 2 flexi failures now and it isnt pretty

for the cost of a pair of tap tails it would be better to get new ones and dont overtighten.

I hate when the braded hoses starts to detoriate, they become razor sharp to touch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-using tap tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some...
Replies
Views
Hi Anyone know of a pull out kitchen tap that has decent pressure? I have had low pressure from this tap for a number of years and it's not...
Replies
Views
B
Hi I have a monobloc mixer tap which is 18mths old. a leak appeared underneath in the cupboard which looked to be coming from the flexi tail M8...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock