Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Re CCN1 and appliances course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

besb421

Hi, i'm new to this forum but a long time retired gas installer. I am trying to find a place for my 21 year old Grandson to do the CCN1 core and domestic appliance Gas Safe assesments and exams. Preferably a fairly intensive course as he has done most of the work in college after finishing his plumbing (city & guilds) apprentiship in West Sussex. Now he's had to relocate to us in Chelmsford. Essex. i desperately want him to complete his training and get his qualifications before he loses the benefits of all the work he's already done. Can someone please point me in the right direction to where they are running the courses, preferably in or around Essex or London but if he has to go further afield so be it.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thank's

I know the bpec foundation course, from an assessor point of view, it's not a biased opinion but an honest one, the basics of the course are ideal for someone who has some background, however the candidate needs a portfolio of evidence, some of which can be work already completed, check out bpec site for places near you

I know the bpec foundation course, from an assessor point of view, it's not a biased opinion but an honest one, the basics of the course are ideal for someone who has some background, however the candidate needs a portfolio of evidence, some of which can be work already completed, check out bpec site for places near you

Good advice from Kirkgas there. I am just about to complete my portfolio following a BPEC foundation course and I found [it] to be extremely accessible, bearing in mind that I qualified with C&G in 1984 so I do have the experience although I've had a bit of a gap in my career.
As for the portfolio, there are many options for this but I have just come across an avenue that may (or may not) be known as yet. I approached a local housing association who have an in house gas team and as part of their commitment to the community they provide this assistance as a way of getting people back into the workplace. I have a two week placement with them which, if your grandson has sufficient background knowledge, should be more than enough to fulfil the requirements for the BPEC course and then he could take his ACS. I hope that this is helpful to you and that it goes well for your grandson.

Thankyou both very much, we are now in the process of getting his portfolio from his previous employer so that he can proceed. Many thank's.

Two weeks placement won't cover enough to be allowed to sit the CCN1, up here we have people out for 13 weeks, although to be fair that can be cut if working with a service/maintenance person rather than a mixture of installs, sometimes it isn't about cutting to the minimum, ever after 13 weeks we are telling candidates they are only getting a snippet of practical and don't think for a minute they can do the ACS and think they know it all, I liken passing the CCN to passing a driving test, yes you are ALLOWED to drive but please know your limitations,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re CCN1 and appliances course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock