Search the forum,

Discuss range rated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ricky1989

wonderd if any of you could help got asked a few questions other day which i didnt know so i thought id best follow them up

first said
a central heating boiler is ranged rated to give an output of between 15kw and 20kw briefly explain what information is required to determine which heat output should be selected for a given instalation

any help much appreciated

As above it needs to be set to suit the load. Work out the load and set the boiler

The load on the system is the sum of the outputs of the radiators plus an allowance of 2-3kw for the hot water plus 10% for pipe losses.

There are other ways of thinking for this eg whole house.

As above it needs to be set to suit the load. Work out the load and set the boiler

The load on the system is the sum of the outputs of the radiators plus an allowance of 2-3kw for the hot water plus 10% for pipe losses.

There are other ways of thinking for this eg whole house.

My brain just melted:eek:

History of Range rated: Before the days of electronic modulation and high efficiency; the range rated boilers were great for manufacturers, because they could produce one or two models of boiler which could suit many homes. Remember Baxi bermuda BBU, available in 425 and 552, would suit the majority of 1 to 5 bed homes. Draw back is you have to have an idea of what your demand was likely to be, to be able to set them up for the best efficiency. Right or wrong, I used to use the old Mears mechanical calculator to get an idea on set up and never got any complaints. arrr those were the days.

i looked at my mears calculator the other day and it seemed so strange to see everything in imperial units, cant even think in imperial units now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to range rated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock