Search the forum,

Discuss range rated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ricky1989

wonderd if any of you could help got asked a few questions other day which i didnt know so i thought id best follow them up

first said
a central heating boiler is ranged rated to give an output of between 15kw and 20kw briefly explain what information is required to determine which heat output should be selected for a given instalation

any help much appreciated

As above it needs to be set to suit the load. Work out the load and set the boiler

The load on the system is the sum of the outputs of the radiators plus an allowance of 2-3kw for the hot water plus 10% for pipe losses.

There are other ways of thinking for this eg whole house.

As above it needs to be set to suit the load. Work out the load and set the boiler

The load on the system is the sum of the outputs of the radiators plus an allowance of 2-3kw for the hot water plus 10% for pipe losses.

There are other ways of thinking for this eg whole house.

My brain just melted:eek:

History of Range rated: Before the days of electronic modulation and high efficiency; the range rated boilers were great for manufacturers, because they could produce one or two models of boiler which could suit many homes. Remember Baxi bermuda BBU, available in 425 and 552, would suit the majority of 1 to 5 bed homes. Draw back is you have to have an idea of what your demand was likely to be, to be able to set them up for the best efficiency. Right or wrong, I used to use the old Mears mechanical calculator to get an idea on set up and never got any complaints. arrr those were the days.

i looked at my mears calculator the other day and it seemed so strange to see everything in imperial units, cant even think in imperial units now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to range rated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I've had a WB 8000 35kw boiler installed today and was searching through some websites which talked about range rating your boiler and/or turning down the flow temperature to save on cost. I spoke to the engineer that installed it and he advised against rage rating saying that having 17...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I have a Vaillant boiler and want to set d.0 to something sensible, right now it is set to auto and can range from 6 kW to 37 kW. Adding up my radiators' heat output from the Stelrad website gives me 25.7 kW and my hot water cylinder coil rating it 23.9 kW. The Heat Geek Range Rating Method is...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2 pump running at its 8M head to feed 21 rads with a theoretical output of 25kw at a 20C dT. A fairly old Vaillant 438 boiler is being replaced, the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock