Discuss Putty Guns & Plumbers I have known in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plouasne

1 site I was on in the early '70's, had two Bernie's plumber and mate, also two Garrie's, plumber & mate, both of the two sets were experts with the putty gun, one of the four even managed to get a direct hit on a coppers snout, who was just a little bit more than p1sed off about this vicious assault on him, and threatened to nick the whole site on his own, but backed down when it was pointed out to him that ther were 95 blokes on the site

The Bernie's were the experts at picking of the girls in micro skirts and frilly blouses, but the best one, was "look Bern look at that idiot with a trombone case getting into a taxi, watch me hit him on the bum", and with that he "fired" , unfortunately his aim was a bit off, and hit him in the temple, knocking him out, the famous words were, "Cooooo F me bern what have I done", reply "I think that you have killed him bern" "F me bern what shall I do ??" "if I were you bern I would run"

The Garries were more the long range type more like artillery fire, their tactic was to try and pick off long range targets, the method used was a 10 foot long length of electricians metal conduit, with a 1/2" air line claw brazed on the end, whilst 1 Garry was loading the "gun" the other was folding up a live length of 1/2" compressor hose, and wiring it tight shut, when the air line was coupled to the "gun", 1 was aiming the "gun", the other had a set of tin snips ready to cut the wire, when told to

Me?? now would I ever do such a thing ??:p

Well I do admit to hitting square between the eyes another apprentice, who was taunting me, by saying I can see you but you cannot hit me, when he was behind a 'shop door at the tech, with a bit of red lead putty:D , rearranging some papers on an accountants desk, including putting a hole through the page he was reading at the time (it was amusing to see him put his pencil through the hole in the page), this was in the Haymarket London, he was on the first floor one side of the road, and I was on the other side two floors higher, also hitting some old biddy behind the ear, (pure accident I was after a pigeon at the time) Cooo did she scream !! and also jump:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Putty Guns & Plumbers I have known in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock