Search the forum,

Discuss Pumped shower stopped working advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommyo

image2(1).jpgimage1(1).jpgHi guys,

I have a salamander CT 50 Twin pump with mixer mira shower around 5 years old, 1 person living in the house travels a lot and has not used shower much, new bathroom at the same time, the shower was put in by some one who is not in business no more.

The pump is located next to the cylinder in the cupboard, the pipe work is push fit from the point of cupboard on 1st floor goes up in to the loft and above the bathroom then into a mixer mira shower.

Fault is turn on shower and get no water through, a few dribbles when moving the shower head, sometimes it can get started by raising shower head up and down this may then kick off the pump.

I am thinking an airlock so if this is right to think the pipework in the loft needs to be vented and a non-return valve fitted on the hot outlet?

Sorry guys my normal cup of tea is heating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked for power to pump, or if its tripped on the fuse box, if these are ok its possible the flow switch has failed.

Yes checked the power sorry was meant to put that. Well if flow switch has gone would it be intermittent at working ?

Think I`m right in this .......
Run a magnet over where the flow switch is and see if that operates the flow switch to start the pump.

Could we see a larger picture how it attaches to the top of the cylinder

On the cylinder where the hot draws off to fee the kitchen it's is then tee'd off half way down to go in to the pump

I'd say it's not been installed correctly inline with manufacturers instructions so probably needs piping correctly as the pump is probably damaged

It has not been installed correctly, and needs re-work I was trying to see if I can help save the pump by making slight alterations rather than re-pipe the whole lot, as I say the person who installed it is no longer plumbing

You will just be prolonging the inevitable mate. I bet the pump has run dry with air in it so will be damaged a correct install is your only answer, anything else is just a bodge so I'd just bite the bullet and get it done properly

Last edited:
Hi

It looks like a regenerative Pump so if the hot feed is the first tee on the downward leg and not shared prior to the pump then it is fitted correctly. Riley is right, if you get a magnet and try using it to see if the pump kicks in - also you need at least 1 litre in 30 secs both hot and cold for the floats to lift inside the pump and kick the pump into action- if the filters on the inlet pipe work to the pump are blocked then this will reduce the flow and again cause initiation problems.

Hi guys just to let you know I stripped down put a flange in added some cents in the loft as it's an up over, and now works like a dream cheers for information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pumped shower stopped working advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock