Discuss Public liability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What are you sole traders out there paying for it? Just had a quote for £306. Any good? High flyers like Bod with a gazillion employees need not aplly.

Tradesman saver, just over £100 for 2m & £1500 tools cover

That's about what I pay for £5m. Worth reading the small print because some of them aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

That reminds me, it's just about to run out so off to the broker I go...

Isn't it three million to satisfy gas safe now?

Heard nout about it when I first registered or when I renewed. Since when do you have to have Public liability to be part of an overpriced magazine subscription? ;)

The NICEIC requires £2m for electrical businesses. It's pretty common for the scams to stipulate minimum insurance requirements. I got mine from Brit Insurance, covers me for plumbing/heating & electrical work in domestic and light commercial premises. £2m cover comes to £224 a year.

Had a quote from Insurantz for £282 6 weeks ago includes £1500 tool cover. Corgi also confirmed to me that Gas Safe require £2million cover. :)

I don't see how gas safe can say how much public liability you have to have anyway.

They don't do anything for me, so I wouldn't let them dictate to me how much PL I have to have.

Plus, some people might not need 2million quid worth anyway.

Oh I did the inter-gas platinum installer course and they told me I needed two million just after I renewed, I poped a F****** 'O' ring.

I agree Tom, but that's what they stipulate. We all know gas safe have no teeth, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

If you have to use 2 million of PLI, I would say you career as a gas engineer is well and truly finished.

there is no rule says you have to have any insurance to join the gas safe register there maybe a recommendation but its none of there business wether you do or dont

I agree Tom, but that's what they stipulate. We all know gas safe have no teeth, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

I've got two million quid anyway, but only as most contracts I work on say I need it, not because gas safe say so.

On threads like this I hate you Brits :)

RGII insist on €6 million P.L. and I think it's €14 million for E.L.

Try all the bluff, blackmail and threats I can think of and can't get cover for tools.

I finally got cover for my trailers but I have a feeling it's an E.U. thing, I don't like bad memories but I think my P.L / E.L. & product liability came in nearly three grand this year, van was €980.00

Green with jealousy looking at the numbers posted here.

Hang on, you get 120 euros for a callout. We're the jealous ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Public liability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya, hope everyones had a good Christmas. I need public liability, what companies should I go to for quotes? Your advise is much appreciated 🙂
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said... Power Flush require and install new boiler, ==== After the boiler was started, it was...
Replies
Views
Oily smell from boiler recently before failed. Great plumber sorted though when opened external baffle at front of sealed flue the internal spring...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock