Currently reading:
Public liability

Discuss Public liability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What are you sole traders out there paying for it? Just had a quote for £306. Any good? High flyers like Bod with a gazillion employees need not aplly.

That's about what I pay for £5m. Worth reading the small print because some of them aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

That reminds me, it's just about to run out so off to the broker I go...

Heard nout about it when I first registered or when I renewed. Since when do you have to have Public liability to be part of an overpriced magazine subscription? ;)

The NICEIC requires £2m for electrical businesses. It's pretty common for the scams to stipulate minimum insurance requirements. I got mine from Brit Insurance, covers me for plumbing/heating & electrical work in domestic and light commercial premises. £2m cover comes to £224 a year.

Had a quote from Insurantz for £282 6 weeks ago includes £1500 tool cover. Corgi also confirmed to me that Gas Safe require £2million cover. :)

I don't see how gas safe can say how much public liability you have to have anyway.

They don't do anything for me, so I wouldn't let them dictate to me how much PL I have to have.

Plus, some people might not need 2million quid worth anyway.

Oh I did the inter-gas platinum installer course and they told me I needed two million just after I renewed, I poped a F****** 'O' ring.

there is no rule says you have to have any insurance to join the gas safe register there maybe a recommendation but its none of there business wether you do or dont

On threads like this I hate you Brits :)

RGII insist on €6 million P.L. and I think it's €14 million for E.L.

Try all the bluff, blackmail and threats I can think of and can't get cover for tools.

I finally got cover for my trailers but I have a feeling it's an E.U. thing, I don't like bad memories but I think my P.L / E.L. & product liability came in nearly three grand this year, van was €980.00

Green with jealousy looking at the numbers posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Public liability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock