Discuss Pressurisation Unit help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkB

I have been asked to move a radiator on a sealed CH system in a very large county house that has a automatic pressurisation unit fitted for top up.

I have never come across one of these and want to check if it just a case of isolating the unit (there's a 1/4 turn lever valve on the outlet) and draining part of the system as normal.

Thanks

Mark

Are you sure its an automatic top up unit ? It might be an additional pressure vessel (like the one in the back of a combi) which is
needed to cope with the additional volume of expanding water in large systems.

If it is an automatic pressurisation unit could you let me have the manufacturers details as we are very interested in this
type of unit.

centralheatking

It's a Brefco FlexFiller Automatic. It's a floor standing unit that has a small float valve operated tank built into the top of it. There is a very large seperate expansion vessel

I've Googled it and have found no information or guidance.

The system in this house also has a break tank and pressure set. Again something that I haven't come across and I also need to figure out how to isolate this to make some modifications to the hot and cold system.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the our lot says look at Flamco in St. Helens - they supply this type of unit

centralheatking

One of the our lot says look at Flamco in St. Helens - they supply this type of unit

centralheatking

Thanks for the quick response.

I've just found their system and it also seems to be called FlexFill so maybe Brefco are now Flamco.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressurisation Unit help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock