Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure guage dropping on Potterton performa 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john roche

I have a Potterton performa 28 combi boiler. Since the central heating has engaged this year the pressure guage has been dropping every 24 hours to below 1 bar , zero at times. I have refilled using the top up loop (it only takes about two seconds) added fernox leak sealer to the system and bled all the rads, but pressure drops again over next 24 hours. I have noticed that when the pressure shows low there is no low pressure warning light active and hot water and heating still work. Question is, do pressure guages fail in this way? is there a way to check or should I just replace it and see
Thanks

First things to check are:
1. Any rad valves leaking on tails
2. Automatic air release valve leaking on boiler
3. Check expansion vessel is not full of water ( this would be my guess or no 4 )
4. Presure release valve not dripping out to garden ( put a bag on it for an hour or so to see if it is passing )
Cant see it being anything to do with the presure gauge, but u never no

Let us know how you get on. :yesnod:

Thanks tipintim,
I have checked all the valves and any pipes available and can detect no seepage.
On a previous refill, once the central heating came on the pressure rose above 2 bar and I could see the PR valve pipe dripping , so I have assumed that the PR valve is working ( I will however recheckj)
How do I check the expansion vessel, is it just a matter of putting a pressure guage on it ?

Sounds like you need to get a Gas Safe registered engineer to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure guage dropping on Potterton performa 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock