Discuss Pressure Dropping on Combi boiler circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peterx666

Have a Halstead Ace High boiler and enclosed combi circuit problem

I I up the pressure to 1 bar and leave boiler shut off overnight it is still 1 bar in the morning

When the boiler runs the pressure goes up to 2 bar or over After the thing has run a while and it shuts off on the timer the pressure drops to around 1/2 bar

My question before I start ripping up floor boards - is it always a leak in the pipework?

Any comment or advice appreciated

pete

Hi pete ... floorboards are your last resort IMO :)

Are you gas safe registered? Compitent? know a bit here and there ... lol?

Definitely no water coming from PRV pipe outside? Would get boiler checked out first.

If all ok then must be a system leak and may have to start lifting those boards.

Sounds like a boiler fault not pipes, if only when it's running expansion vessel is favourite for causing that what you,v described. Get a GSE mate.. Leave ya boards for now. (Gas safe Engineer).

Yes noticed the pipe was dripping but not seen a lot coming from it?

it doesnt need a lot to drop the preasure you need a new prv and getr the pv checked at the same time

It dose sound like your expansion vessel,s gone and releasing through the Prv,,
like Steve said, new Prv and check/recharge expansion vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure Dropping on Combi boiler circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock