Search the forum,

Discuss Powerflush one pipe system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I have a client who has a one pipe system and 2 pipe combined. Long story short is that the boiler stopped work and was diagnosed by another engineer as the heat exchanger was blocked. We were asked to attend and check their findings. Worcester 24ri just under 5 years old. No filter fitted so we fitted on in the hope that that and adding x400 mat help. No good so worcester had fitted a new condenser as under warranty but still no circulation. Worcester engineer reckons it a blockage in the pipework which i totally agree with but My question is can I powerflush the one pipe system or not ? 1" Barrel pipework and mostly cast column rads.
The Worcester engineer said he was pulling out lumps of metal out the old condenser.
System is a right mess

realistically you cant , you will only be flushing the pipe , last one I did , all the rads came off and were pressure washed in the customers back garden , I advised her it would never be right until it was converted to a two pipe , her rads get hot but I have still had blockage probs .

realistically you cant , you will only be flushing the pipe , last one I did , all the rads came off and were pressure washed in the customers back garden , I advised her it would never be right until it was converted to a two pipe , her rads get hot but I have still had blockage probs .
It's only really the pipe I wanna do first to see if I can clear the blockage. Rads I can deal with after. If I shut off all rads and just do the pipe it should work shouldn't it ? I was so thinking about using a magnet on the pipework I can get to to see if I can locate a blockage. Although a system repipe will probably be quicker !!

Reply to Powerflush one pipe system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock