Search the forum,

Discuss power flushing time scale pluss filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supper plumb

right nan has got British Gas coming tomorrow to fit a new magnetic filter to the system FREE :rolleyes2:

but Im worried that they mite try cut corners im told there men't to be power flushing and new inhibitor into the system??

now is it best to drain the system and hot water tank and power flush the both as they changed the pump because there was a bit of crap in the pump.
So Im thinking there will be crud in the bottom of the tank.

Im not trying to tell the guy how to do his job but still don't want half hatred job.
and more call outs and problems.

will it be inhibitor poured into the tank in the loft or into the rads and what sort of filter do you think they will fit

Sorry for asking but its my family and i wont be there to see soo just trying to get some info for her thanks guys

How much they charging for the powerflush?
If that's free aswel I wouldn't expect much!!

By the sounds of it its all free part of there package they got

Do they still fit spirotec ? Inhibitor in headder when empty , when water added it will mix with inhibitor . Powerflush will be a power rush! Should take few hours. But if it's free what can u do? I would cancel the BG contract and use a local!

Nothing's free. Ever. And they don't powerflush the cylinder itself. It's the coil running through it.

Seeing as a bg powerflush is like £700 round here I really wouldn't expect much.

You should be doing the power flush for your nan. Hire a machine and get on with it lol

she has loads of home cover with them there happy i guess just dont want any head aches

she has loads of home cover with them there happy i guess just dont want any head aches

My nan is the same. I've got her to cancel loads of the rubbish she's coverd for.

I think they prey on the oldies who don't want to have to worry about things. But try wouldn't be worrying if the salesman didn't fill them with fear

I shouldnt worry to much, the filter will pick anything up they miss. And the pumps covered by the contract. They will rush it.

she worked for an insurance firm for years and knows how it all works she is wise
and dont listen to all the crap they try and tell you

he old saying is only half of what you see and nothing you hear

rrrrrrr cant edit post

only be leave half of what you see and nothing you hear

I think they seem quite good as are all brass but I prefer tf1 as it has isolations and you can empty contents then use to add inhibitor.

Tf1 all the way for me. Plastic and fantastic lol

I think they seem quite good as are all brass but I prefer tf1 as it has isolations and you can empty contents then use to add inhibitor.

Tf1 all the way for me. Plastic and fantastic lol

Magnaclean. Original and best by far.

Can you drain a magma clean like you can a tf1/spiroshyte

Never fitted a manga clean but it doesn't look like you can so you can't use it for dosing as easy

Wonky and leak? That's shoddy fitters. A mag holds 6 or 7 times the muck of a tf1. Spirotec are gash and collect nothing. I had a spirotec on my system, fitted a mag as needed dosing pot, it was half full in two days!!! Fit a mag a day keeps the repair bills at bay.

Can you drain a magma clean like you can a tf1/spiroshyte

Never fitted a manga clean but it doesn't look like you can so you can't use it for dosing as easy

New mags have a drain off on base. Dosing it holds more than a tf1 and a spirotec together.
Tf1 and the tf1 compact are carp. Cyclonic action...... Magnets rubbish and they are fitted as free with boilers. Who sells more? Adey supply a huge proportion of housing sector in n/e.

New mags have a drain off on base. Dosing it holds more than a tf1 and a spirotec together.
Tf1 and the tf1 compact are carp. Cyclonic action...... Magnets rubbish and they are fitted as free with boilers. Who sells more? Adey supply a huge proportion of housing sector in n/e.

uny6uzan.jpg

Magnet on a tf1 ain't that bad!!

I've had three magna cleans fail. No tf1,s.

ujehabu9.jpg

I put one on a bib today will photograph tomorrow as to how much it picked up.

Where from? Lid gasket or cross threaded legs?

At least two lids, one just refused to tighten down after being in a year and quite a few on the olives, either the olives were rock hard or the threads to tight.

Older olives were because stump into valve was too short . Lids come with replacement seals in box. On tf1 you have to replace every time you remove lid?

Older olives were because stump into valve was too short . Lids come with replacement seals in box. On tf1 you have to replace every time you remove lid?

Ypu don't have to take the lid off, which makes it easy for the custards. And all the lids need is a clean and some silicon grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to power flushing time scale pluss filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock