Search the forum,

Discuss Please HELP ME! White key on Greenstar is not my friend! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sam Hixon

I'm really sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place I haven't a clue to be honest but came across this site as I was trying and failing to fix boiler and you guys seemed so helpful!

Right I have a greenstar 28i junior
I followed everything you guys said.
Only thing is I moved in ... 4 months ago? And obviously the boiler was already there. This is my first home and I'm just clueless!
My pressure gauge was at 0 so I thought how hard can this be?!
There was no bottom plate on the boiler and the key was already in place so I was already a little threw
I turned it a quarter turn and the little white knob would not budge!
So I got a screwdriver and turned it that way.
It turned, it made the hiss, the pressure went up.
Well as it got to 1 it started firing up and scared me so i turned it off but carried on turning pressure to 1.5
and obviously it fired up so it had done the job! I was chuffed.
THEN i turned the white knob back and the white key had decided that not only would it not come out but that it would just continuously turn.
Pretty sure its meant to stop? So I just left it where I thought I had found it earlier. Turned on the boiler and now it won't fire up!!!
I honestly don't know what went wrong but I've got a strong feeling it's that darn white key!!!!!
Please help! Would love me some heat soon!
Thank you in advance!
Sam xx

Also! I worry so much with messing with the boiler, I've not done anything dangerous have I?!

don't worry about the white key, should be taken out, you just pull it. but leave it in, whats the pressure, if the pressure has dropped top it up again like you did before, if pressure is dropping regulary you may have a leak somewhere in the system,

sorry a pint of G and T and I'm struggling

What's the pressure sitting at now Sam?

I'll just shift this to the correct forum cos I'm a loving, caring mod despite all the rumours you'll hear about me!

What's the pressure sitting at now Sam?

I'll just shift this to the correct forum cos I'm a loving, caring mod despite all the rumours you'll hear about me!

and you haven't had a drink.......

Hahaha Thanks you guys
So the pressure is exactly how I left it at around 1 and a half.
I must sound so silly to you lot.
I just cant believe it fired up and I turned it off! I was so proud then now just nothing again!
Sam xx

Pressure is good and you've turned it on (presumably) it lights up, try pressing the reset button,

When you have it turned on are you getting an error? The blue light will be flashing.

Ok so its definitely on. Blue light is on but not flashing.
And I have the heating dialy thing turned to on aswell
Pressed reset and it did that weird sound it makes when it turns on but again nothing... "/
XX

I think you have an airlock somewhere, you need to bleed the rads and top up the boiler as the pressure falls, you'll know because as you turn the rad bleed valve you'll hear air leaving or venting.

So the one that points to like off, timer or on is on 'on' and the other is at 5.
I'm ashamed to say I've officially been at this for 2 hours on a Saturday night now .... haha
xx

The one is set to the temp downstairs too.
Oh no! I don't even know how to bleed a radiator!
This is gonna be a long night..

The one downstairs, turn it all the way down then turn it all the way back up.

lol! Oh god I bet your like why oh why did I try and help this idiot!
I'm in the black country! I have tea!!!! haha

Nahhh don't think you're an eejit at all poppet! Has it fired yet?

maybe its the alcohol but your sooooooo sweeeeeeet, I've never seen you in this light, you making me feel all warm and fluffy.....

Yep definetly the gin.

I can't believe that was it! I HAVE HEAT!! Oh my gosh thank you both so much!!!!
So grateful. Ok just one last thing. This bloody key, is it ok where it is? Cause it just literally keeps turning and won't pull..
You have no idea how happy I am!!! I did it kinda all by myself! haha
XXXXXX

I can't believe that was it! I HAVE HEAT!! Oh my gosh thank you both so much!!!!
So grateful. Ok just one last thing. This bloody key, is it ok where it is? Cause it just literally keeps turning and won't pull..
You have no idea how happy I am!!! I did it kinda all by myself! haha
XXXXXX

keys fine where it is. Stops you from losing it! Enjoy the heat, we're not all bad really!

It should come out but it won't hurt. Get your gsr to take it out when he services it for you.

This is where I look up gsr.
Lol its made like a couple of pinging sounds. Nothing I've done is dangerous is it? Can imagine like a massive explosion now and me being on the news tomorrow haha
Seriously last thing then you can all enjoy your Saturday nights! :)

No its fine! Pinging is expanding which is good. Booming is exploding which is bad!

Hahaha! Well thank you both for putting up with me and helping!
I appreciate it so much and I would have totally have made a cuppa if you were down my end!
You have been amazing! I'm genuinely chuffed! Hehe
Goodnight all! xxxxxx

Gsr is gassafe registered engineer. Pingings fine.just the pipework warming up and expanding slightly.

Ok, so I'm really sorry. So my rads are now boiling which is good!
But it's stopped making a noise does that mean they are gonna go cold again soon but more importantly the dial has gone to 2! I thought it was meant to decrease! I don't want it to keep rising! I'm so sorry I am THAT dumb.
If I gather all the information I need now you will never see my name on a forum again haha

Boiler is up to temperature.it will come on as the rads cool down. Pressure will rise as it gets hot then drop as it cools. All sounds good to me!

Ok, so I'm really sorry. So my rads are now boiling which is good!
But it's stopped making a noise does that mean they are gonna go cold again soon but more importantly the dial has gone to 2! I thought it was meant to decrease! I don't want it to keep rising! I'm so sorry I am THAT dumb.
If I gather all the information I need now you will never see my name on a forum again haha

I think you attitude is great

I think you need more g+t ;)
Right so everything seems in order!
I can now officially increase the pressure on my boiler and know what to do if the rads don't come on!
If that's not an independent woman I don't know what is haha
Thanks again! XXXXXXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please HELP ME! White key on Greenstar is not my friend! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock