Search the forum,

Discuss Please help diagnose our Combi Boiler nois in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flashy

Hey guys,

New here, so please be gentle, read some great advice on here already so I thought I would join up. I'm more of a mechanical engineer than a plumber, but I hope to be able to provide some assistance back in the future.

But for now, I have been having some issues with our Worcester Junior i24 Combi boiler recently, where when starting up from cold, i.e. mornings of evenings, there is a horrendous noise from the boiler itself, the pressure gauge goes all over the place then eventually it's fine. Had a gas safe engineer do an service, a faulty gas valve replaced, and this noise was present before he came but it is still there after he left also. I think its water side related.

We have already tested the EV and can confirm no water is escaping from the tyre valve, we have also fully bled/flushed rad system and it was quite clean. I can confirm there is no steam/water escaping from the relief valve to outside, so the issue must be within the system itself.

No noise when on hot water, just when CH comes on. I suspect it is the pump as it's been rattling for a little while (you can hear this rattling after all of this noise occurs but not before, almost as if it is the pump), and changing the speed of the pump, the normal rattling noise sounds then more like a dragging impeller, slowing and speeding with the speed setting.

I have a video but couldnt upload it so show you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help diagnose our Combi Boiler nois in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock