Discuss pipestrip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever happened to wire wool and blow torch ?

maybe youve lost it down the back of your van seat? or left it at the last job?? :)

ive been using the toolstation stuff for years, just tear it into strips and there you go. Loads better than wire wool, works well when wet.

dont see the need for some pipe stripping gizmo TBH they dont show how effectively it cleans under the pipe steel wool and a gas lamp normally do the job or if the paints thick gas lamp and emery paper or sandpaper

Blow lamp for me works everytime why do i need another tool i"ve already got the bl in

its an updated shave hook nothing new we all had one for lead cleaning
personally its one gadget i can do without i either use the stanley knife to scrape or the back of the junior blade works if you can slip it over the pipe
if you buy a tool for every occasion youll not be able to lift the tool box in six months

That gives you an excuse to buy another tool box/bag. You can never have enough tools.

i think it has to work better and last longer than abrasive strips, steel wool or a rasp/file etc, otherwise it'll just end another useless gizmo. it probably does the job it's intended to do when new, but how long will it last before it needs sharpened etc

Mine arrived yesterday, will report back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Used it for the first time today, handy for getting round the back. It would be better if the plastic hand grip did not slide off. All in all for the money worth having

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got mine Last week i think. Used it today and it was not bad, did the job. Dont know how it will work when it blunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipestrip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock