Discuss Pipes rattling and banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strainers1

how do i sort rattling pipes?? pipes been rattling in a parents house for years but recently have been getting more requent and louder. these noises dont just come when heating being switched on and off. even through summer when heating not on they will rattle.

could anyone help?? thanks

Pipe clips! Or if it's rattling inside the pipe you may well need to clean & flush the pipework. Also the pump might be on too higher setting?

has your parent's tried turning the radio up loud to cancel out the noise , or maybe pipes passing over notches in joist might need a small piece of lagging underneath to stop them rubbing on the wood

thanks,will turn pump down a bit and see how that goes first before i start taking up floorboards and lagging pipes
thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipes rattling and banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock