Discuss Pipe lagging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robtheplumb

Ok, Dumb question time, I always lag my pipes wherever I have to with climaflex, however my local DIY shop has ARMAFLEX, this is black and is not slit so you would have to slide it onto the pipe before making any joints, the good thing about this is it can not fall off (or be pulled off).

What is the differance between climaflex and this armaflex???

i think as its a different material works a bit better but normally you cut it on the use there solvent to put back together

What I tend to do for the uncut stuff is to slip it on first, this is a bit of a pain but it does mean that Mrs woman can't pull it off as soon as I leave to make her airing cupboard warmer

Armaflex works well on runs underfloors if using 10mm pipe on rads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the heat loss per metre to find out if one insulates better than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe lagging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock