Search the forum,

Discuss Performa 30 HE, hot and cold showers in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Domestic appliance engineer by trade (no gas ticket) but trained monkey on central heating stuff. Shower is a pain in the harris, goes cold roughly once every minute unless I run (even a trickle) another hot tap and then it's fine. Central heating no problems....any ideas??

Flow issue / lack off

Could also be the boiler hasn't been calibrated properly.
Maybe over gassed on the low side, causing boiler to overheat and shut down intermittently when hot water is running.
Is it only the shower or all taps - could be flow issue with shower head

Far as I know just the shower. Fitted a new mixer unit for the shower earlier this year (old one same prob but scaly) but didn't change the problem. Been doing it for ages now second tap on always cures the problem.

Reply to Performa 30 HE, hot and cold showers in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds...
Replies
Views
A
I live in a flat with a communal heating system and an MHS boiler in my flat. The kitchen and bathroom taps have hot water (though in the case of...
Replies
Views
Alessandro
A
B
I have a new shower that has worked fine, albeit with low hot water pressure, for a couple of months. Now it starts hot, but then goes cold...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock