Search the forum,

Discuss Paperwork in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders

Hi guys,

Just set up on my own after being made redundant around 6 months ago.

Can someone advise me on what paperwork needs filling out for each job please. Like on a service what needs completing to say you have serviced the boiler and all is ok? What needs to be sent to Gas Safe (if anything?).

Just got an order from Corgi Direct got loads of forms some of them obvious what they are for, but not sure what you complete for breakdowns, servicing etc.

I never got shown/advised this on my apprenticeship the engineer done all the paperwork my fault really should of asked...

Thanks anyway.

Paper trail is good evidence m make your own. They sign you sign . Goes a long way in court

Paper trail is good evidence m make your own. They sign you sign . Goes a long way in court

Thanks, so on a boiler service what needs completing. Does anything have to be sent to Gas Safe?

A cp12 nothing sent to gas safe keep ur copy just in case

You don't really need anything for a service or repair. A CP12 if you feel like it. Fill in the back of their manual to say it has been done.
Installs, just fill in the logbook (benchmark). Write out a CP12 for these too if it suits you and maybe a test and purge form but they are not really necessary.
I used to have a service check list for the guys who worked for me. It was a good way of checking everything was done and the customers liked them and it was my way of passing the buck to them. It may still be on an old laptop. If i find it, i will forward it to you.

You don't really need anything for a service or repair. A CP12 if you feel like it. Fill in the back of their manual to say it has been done.
Installs, just fill in the logbook (benchmark). Write out a CP12 for these too if it suits you and maybe a test and purge form but they are not really necessary.
I used to have a service check list for the guys who worked for me. It was a good way of checking everything was done and the customers liked them and it was my way of passing the buck to them. It may still be on an old laptop. If i find it, i will forward it to you.

Thanks for this! :smiley2:

a landlord will require a cert (cp12), local auth will require a cert (probably a cp12). Apart from that its down to your choice. Its always good to issue a gas cert as it looks professsional and its a good way of the customer keeping your details for the next service, you also have a reminder of the work you did and when to send a reminder for the next service.
You could also get some service labels with your details on to put on the appliance case which is a good reminder to customer with your phone number next to service date. I make my own from address labels from staples. I even have one for heating system inhibitor with reminder of date it may need checking.replacing.

a landlord will require a cert (cp12), local auth will require a cert (probably a cp12). Apart from that its down to your choice. Its always good to issue a gas cert as it looks professsional and its a good way of the customer keeping your details for the next service, you also have a reminder of the work you did and when to send a reminder for the next service.
You could also get some service labels with your details on to put on the appliance case which is a good reminder to customer with your phone number next to service date. I make my own from address labels from staples. I even have one for heating system inhibitor with reminder of date it may need checking.replacing.

Really good post thanks for this.

I was going to get some stickers made up where I got my business cards done and stick them to the boilers I work on.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paperwork in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I have some very old gas pipes sticking out of random places. Mostly nest to light pendants. This has made me believe it’s an old gas/heat/lightning...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all Wondering if you could help with this strange issue. I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH to my system of 3 zones; DHW and 2 radiator zones. The gas usage was high and didn’t feel the boiler was modulating, so yesterday I decided to remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock