Search the forum,

Discuss Overlay underfloor heating install times in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

ballofix

Hi. Im just pricing up a job and part of it is the polypipe overlay system (not the lite version). I was wondering if anyone on here has done any installation of it. The thing I needed to know was what would be a ball park figure for the time needed to fit say 5sq mtr as I have no idea really what to allow and with the job being almost 400sq mtr I don't want to be way over or way under. Thanks

Rule of thumb, design supply and lay, commission underfloor heating, including controls = £20/m2 all in.

Rule of thumb, design supply and lay, commission underfloor heating, including controls = £20/m2 all in.

Thanks for that Worcester, it means I've underpriced the one I'm about to do by about a third but hey ho you live and you learn :- )

I have a simple motto, if you can't make mistakes you can't do b*****r all..

And I also live by the rule that EVERYONE I meet is better at something than I am (even if it's just throwing peanuts up and catching them in your mouth :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overlay underfloor heating install times in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual service and the engineer commented that the water looked discoloured and that the inhibitor needed replacing?? Is this an easy procedure? I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock