Discuss Over charging. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt sleep at night if i didnt cap it. for the price of a couple of cap ends its a no brainer aint it. unless said customer has a thing for water features lol.
how much for a couple of cap end,they'll take a big chunk of your 20 quid....fair too cheap...how do you live

With the money you earn from this job put it towards a wetvac, then next time you'll be quicker draining the rad but still charge the same.

This might sound silly but whats a wetvac?

A vac that can suck up water rick. never thought about using it for draining a rad tho. much quicker i bet.

Bit harsh peteheat. implying i have no pride in trade or self mate. its all new to me. the only thing i lack is knowledge. This is the reason i posted the question and why the group is here is it not. i want to be the best i can and take pride in my work and myself. I'm guilty of being too soft with people by nature and going low on price but as i'm just starting out i want that to stop. i've studied hard this last two years and will continue to do so while i am doing the job. and its that realisation when i'm stood there talking to a customer who wants it for peanuts that promted the question. I also believe that offering silly prices shows a lack of respect to the likes of you guys who have studied and worked hard.
what qualification have you gained in two year,and is this a side line or like many are we playing the system,the reason i ask is because your knowledge is limited so god knows what you were studying and your prices to me seem to be just a token gesture

Desrob you obviously dont condone anyone trying to better themselves and try to provide for a young family. I'm sure when you started out you never had to ask questions but for me i like to ask questions. and for the most part i get supportive informative answers. i've offered like many to work for free with plumbers but no one is willing to. should i sit back and let my college work go to waste or should i throw myself in at the deep end. apologies i dont come up to your obviously high standard.

Desrob you obviously dont condone anyone trying to better themselves and try to provide for a young family. I'm sure when you started out you never had to ask questions but for me i like to ask questions. and for the most part i get supportive informative answers. i've offered like many to work for free with plumbers but no one is willing to. should i sit back and let my college work go to waste or should i throw myself in at the deep end. apologies i dont come up to your obviously high standard.

Everyone has to start some where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Over charging. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices...
Replies
Views
I’ve just swapped these new valves over live. Didn’t realise how bad the old nuts looked until finished the job. Would it be hard taking these...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock