Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Osma waste pipe - is it compatible with other brands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diyclive

I need to modify a 50mm Osma PVC waste pipe run but none of my local plumbing merchants seem to stock Osma range. I can get what I need online but as I only need a few bits the post & packing charges make it rather expensive. Are there any other brands that are compatible with Osma (i.e. hepworth, polypipe, marley etc), I know in the post I've tried mixing apparently same size fittings from different manufacturers and it didn't work! I hope someone can help.

What is it you are doing?
If you use mac alpine multi fit fittings rather than cheaper versions, then the fitting will fit the osma pipe and you can use any other make of pipe
Haha I've got loads of 50mm McAlpine st couplings and 90degree bends, I will sell you them cheap

The Hepworth and Osma range has merged together to some degree. The pipe should be compatable with most other brands.

The only time I've had issues with Osma is there overflow pipe as the push fit and solvent is exactly the same looking and you have to check the fitting codes to make sure you get the right stuff.

What is it you are doing?
If you use mac alpine multi fit fittings rather than cheaper versions, then the fitting will fit the osma pipe and you can use any other make of pipe
Haha I've got loads of 50mm McAlpine st couplings and 90degree bends, I will sell you them cheap

del.jpg

The problem with waste pipes is if you are using fittings designed to take European size wastes such as 30mm. You can modify an imperial pipe if you are careful by softening with a blowtorch.

Osma push fit is a different size to other makes. It is the same size as solvent.
Just connect to it with a multifit then use whatever turns you on.

Osma push fit is a different size to other makes. It is the same size as solvent.
Just connect to it with a multifit then use whatever turns you on.

Quite right Tam, as long as he buys it from the right place ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Osma waste pipe - is it compatible with other brands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock