Discuss Organ donor cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bright spark

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A friend of my son, he's 6. His mum died of cystic fibrosis on Thursday at 38.
She needed new lungs, but didn't get them in time. I don't know what the system is in the UK. In Ireland if ye don't carry a donor card, your next of kin had to be asked if the hospital can use anything useful to help someone else.
Anyway if it's the same, I'd ask all of ye to think seriously about what you'd like to be done with your organs if you had a bad accident.
fair enough some might be against it, but you never know when 1 of your family might need help too. It's a topic that should be raised when ye meet up with family over Christmas.

I'll just end it by saying that the lad had asked Santa earlier in November for new lungs for his mam. Poor lad

I thought over here it's now an opt OUT scheme where by you have o state that you don't want to donate, might be wrong though?

I'm happy for anything to be used. I won't be needing them wherever I'm going.

Although I think my liver and kidneys would be beyond redemption....

They can take what they need..... rather could help someone else

Could use your and my liver as door stops. That'd b about as useful as they'd get

I should imagine the brain you could leave to medical science for the micro science dept and the ears will be shot as you are a married man......

There is a register now where you can register on line and state which bit you want to keep( some folk are a bit funny about the eyes).
I ride a motorbike so i'm already an organ donor in some peoples eyes, but i have registered all the same. When you see the small kids and babies who are terminally ill before they have even had a chance to live. The saddest part for me is when the parents of a potential young donor cant bring themselves to give consent for their childs organs to be used to save a life, i think that must be one of the hardest decisions any parent could possibly make.

Totally agree Toxic. There's a position no one ever wants to b put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Organ donor cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
I enjoy a pint at my local pub/restaurant owned by a hardworking Chinese family. I have had many years experience on property maintenance and they...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Evening lads/lassies I'm not sure if this is allowed in here......If not please delete. I am running a small company - 5 lads (3 tradesmen, 1...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock