Discuss Operating Pressure at meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read this post through and yes people should read the questions , and should ensure they give the correct info, now with all that said and done did you do a pressure test and blah blah blah

Hi i am the poor bloke who started this post i thought stuartmac was trying to help, but soon realised he had no idea what he was talking about, if he is gas safe registerd then i am sorry we have some problems in our industry, the thought of him going to my daughters house to do some gas work doesnt bear thinking about, i dont know everything about gas and its a brave person who says he does, but would like to think i have enough knowledge to be safe, cant say that about the guy i have mentioned, maybe he has changed careers?

thanks for this post, its great, just a few more questions S Mac said to ask,

1 - did you check the ofalator switch?
2 - did you check the operating pressure whilst standing up? coz thats the standing pressure
3 - did you check the cooker? should take 2 minutes to warm up beans, after 1 minute temp stabilisation obviously, its in jamie olivers corgi book, i suggest you read it
4- if you dont have enough pressure, you probably havnt pumped it up enough

disclaimer, i dont advise this, obviously, just joking

thanks for this post, its great, just a few more questions S Mac said to ask,

1 - did you check the ofalator switch?
2 - did you check the operating pressure whilst standing up? coz thats the standing pressure
3 - did you check the cooker? should take 2 minutes to warm up beans, after 1 minute temp stabilisation obviously, its in jamie olivers corgi book, i suggest you read it
4- if you dont have enough pressure, you probably havnt pumped it up enough

disclaimer, i dont advise this, obviously, just joking

Actually crying with laughter.

ROFL Great post to read on dull sunday night. /stuartmac coming to town near you........ Its scary really.

Have you tried checking the working pressure at the meter with another appliance say the boiler running? Is it still 16mb?, if so you are correct the governer is playing up OR there could be a blockage in the street which is restricting the amount of gas available to the meter.
In my experience National Grid have always changed the governer when I have come across this problem.

Hi i am the poor bloke who started this post i thought stuartmac was trying to help, but soon realised he had no idea what he was talking about, if he is gas safe registerd then i am sorry we have some problems in our industry, the thought of him going to my daughters house to do some gas work doesnt bear thinking about, i dont know everything about gas and its a brave person who says he does, but would like to think i have enough knowledge to be safe, cant say that about the guy i have mentioned, maybe he has changed careers?

or maybe he is one of the experts who has been doing the job for 20 years

Relatively new to the forum, can't believe how much fun it is reading these posts. Stuartmac…LEGEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Operating Pressure at meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi just been to check a family members boiler and I’m getting just over 25mbar working pressure at the meter and 22mbar inlet pressure at the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need your advise as I'm really concerned here. I only just had regular boiler replaced with combi (Vaillant ecoFIT Pure 25kw). I had few...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock