Search the forum,

Discuss High meter operating pressure and low gas rate in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi just been to check a family members boiler and I’m getting just over 25mbar working pressure at the meter and 22mbar inlet pressure at the boiler. Standing pressure is 29mbar and done a tightness test and that is all fine. Also did a gas rate and it’s only only showing as 22kw and the boiler is 30kw. What could this be please? I’m only recently qualified so please don’t bully me too much 😂 thanks

Attachments

• 2C15FC25-D891-48FD-BDDC-A471B2FC899D.png
    2C15FC25-D891-48FD-BDDC-A471B2FC899D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • A8C981E9-375C-4772-BD6C-23B6780532CE.jpeg
    A8C981E9-375C-4772-BD6C-23B6780532CE.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 2
What’s the boiler ?

Was that on hot water ?

Did you check the flow and temp rise on the tap. Every chance it wasn't enough flow to warrant full gas rate through the boiler. Always best to put it in service/commissioning mode(if available) for gas rate, often kitchen taps inly do 8/10 litres which isn't enough for a 30+kW boiler.

Standing pressure means nowt, as long as the boiler isn’t igniting above 25mbar. You’ll get “ExI” if it does.
As for gas rating it, are you doing it in full service mode? If only hot water, as others have said you’ll only get what the modulation is in line with your flow rate. If you are doing it in Max mode and only getting 22kw. Burners blocked..
I work for ideal, see this all the time. Any probs DM me 👍

Standing pressure means nowt, as long as the boiler isn’t igniting above 25mbar. You’ll get “ExI” if it does.
As for gas rating it, are you doing it in full service mode? If only hot water, as others have said you’ll only get what the modulation is in line with your flow rate. If you are doing it in Max mode and only getting 22kw. Burners blocked..
I work for ideal, see this all the time. Any probs DM me 👍
How do you get a Logic into Full Rate Service mode out of interest? (The older version not the new ones) I can get it in 'Low rate' Service mode no problem by turning the heating control to 10am then back again, but no where in the books tells you how to get it into High Rate.

Reply to High meter operating pressure and low gas rate in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock