Search the forum,

Discuss One less illegal gas fitter on the streets. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story should be shown on the national news bulletins and not hidden on some page in the local news paper.

Let's put it this way Jon. I did a safety inspection on an LPG installation in Coleraine shortly after that event. I found a shed load of defects and capped it off which put two labs and the kitchen out of commission.

There were no records as to who installed or altered the pipework so I couldn't RIDDOR it. But I was informed a good few months later that he was involved.

Having seen for myself the state of that installation, if it was him, which I cannot prove, then he should bloody well hang!

Almost every inch of of pipework was ripped out and replaced.

called out to a ferolli optimax today, not working, no surprises there. But its only 7 yr old and the state of the soldering was horrendous - drips n snots everywhere, vertical flue nicely sloping and then the custard lets me know which team installed it, just a pair of bathroom fitters, no tickets so no insurance and when it broke down the first time no warranty, so customer not impressed with his cheap boiler! the 2 guys involved swear blind they dont touch gas, but Ive come in behind them before, but none of their customers want to shop them as they are such nice lads!!!!!!! So until they kill or injure someone nothing will be done!!

Customer wont provide any evidence against them, so as has happened before neither gas safe or local hse will investigate. had it with a local builder asking me to sign off his work, b regs and hse paid a visit to hotel, but owner said nothing and they couldnt take it anywhere!

Customer wont provide any evidence against them, so as has happened before neither gas safe or local hse will investigate. had it with a local builder asking me to sign off his work, b regs and hse paid a visit to hotel, but owner said nothing and they couldnt take it anywhere!

That's pretty shocking :(

it is all down to providing 100% EVIDENCE THATS BEYOND DOUBT, NO EVIDENCE NO CASE (oops shouting again) which is our own fault for living in a civilised democracy :). However, I just read an email fm said custard, who confirmed they want their heap replaced so I have another install next week, BIG :), rogue traders do work for me at times !

Best is if the bad works been done by the council. Gas safe just tell you to go to them. Useless. About 18 months ago i reported this to them its a yellow plastic about 12ft long and all the clips were broke of by kids hanging on it as when no cars are about it makes the perfect footy crossbar. Theres a good 4" either end unsheathed told them and they didnt give a monkeys and its still the same to this day.

Best is if the bad works been done by the council. Gas safe just tell you to go to them. Useless. About 18 months ago i reported this to them its a yellow plastic about 12ft long and all the clips were broke of by kids hanging on it as when no cars are about it makes the perfect footy crossbar. Theres a good 4" either end unsheathed told them and they didnt give a monkeys and its still the same to this day.[/

talk to to the papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One less illegal gas fitter on the streets. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Get best And cheap Gas fitter service in Bellevue Hill. All gas work should be carried out by a fully qualified and licensed gas fitter. Visit us at:-https://evolveplumbingservices.com.au/services/gas-fitting-services/ Call us at- +61423190031
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock