Discuss Oldham College Level 3 Part Time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sorry you CAN do level 3 at colleges discretion, although they don't always make that clear.
They have to make several considerations though, the handbook states they must either have a level 2 or have the equivalent experience/skills etc. or similar
so direct level 3 for somebody without a level 2 is likely to be rare

Hi All - the level 3 part time course at Oldham College has been cancelled due to tutor longterm illness.

Hi All - the level 3 part time course at Oldham College has been cancelled due to tutor longterm illness.
Probable due to stress, took one look at the pupils realised none had done any actual plumbing & thought sod this for a game of soldiers!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I do not know if it is still the case but you could get an adult appreniceship at many colleges where you could do it as self employed as well as employed .
You do need a mentor if you go the self employed route
This was all financed by the goverment my mate did it despite having a degree and having worked as an engineer he started at level 1 !
They did make him do english and maths basic skills too !
He now has a very good business employing people too so it can be done and at very little cost if you look around .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oldham College Level 3 Part Time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm 45years old and looking for a career change. Looking at part time college course from September and specifically the City and guilds level...
Replies
Views
Hi stumbled across the forum whilst browsing for plumbing information.. I currently work in the marine industry but in the last year have...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
I am in the process of leaving the armed forces and looking at resettlement opportunities. Due to funding after serving 21 years the military...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock