Discuss old school type radiator..fittings sizes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve6710

am i likely to encounter any issues fitting new tails to an old reclaimed school radiator.

is it going to be an imperial to metric situation?
thanks..

3/4 most likely.
use 22mmx3/4 rad valve if pipe is 22mm. If its 15mm then u can get 3/4 to 1/2 rad tail reducers

Use a heating engineer, a real one will know what to do

That's not very helpful

You can get 3/4 to 1/2 bushes from a good plumbing supplies. And if you want to use 22mm rad valves(expensive) you can get 22-15 internal reducers for the compression fittings

Use ptfe and a good jointing compound (jet blue from plumb centre).

Inhibitor is important to prevent the rads from sludging up too

thanks agian simonjohns, i know about the ptfe on the threads and to go 15 to 17 times around thread, what would you use the jointing compound for in this situation.
on top of the ptfe?

Use a heating engineer, a real one will know what to do

if you need any advice on growing veg i am quite good at it and would gladly oblige

of course i could tell you to "use a farmer, a real one would know what to do"

thanks agian simonjohns, i know about the ptfe on the threads and to go 15 to 17 times around thread, what would you use the jointing compound for in this situation.
on top of the ptfe?

use the yellow gas ptfe it's much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to old school type radiator..fittings sizes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

have a mixture of radiators range between 25 & 60 years old.Im having a new boiler fitted, do I change all the rads or just the old ones? Cheers
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in need of an experienced plumber for the following jobs: bathroom: Remove exisiting toilet. Fix new toilet. Fix new wash basin and...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock